08 October 2006

now dynamic stereo...

After numerous attempts to add audio to my blog I have finally found the right way to do it. Hopefully this will encourage you to linger and really let it soak in.

Selecting a song is a lot more difficult task than I thought it would be. Of course first I started with Google but you know what a crap-shoot that can be. Most of the links are to download the songs for a fee. It is rare to find an actual posting of an entire audio file. The second major hurdle is finding it at a low enough bit rate that the average surfer can tolerate. 192kbps doesn't even work on my computer.

So I started my search looking for "Fugitive Motel" by Elbow and sadly only resulted in a few hits. Two of them were live recordings and while one of those was highly desirable it had the annoying introduction and the bit rate was too high even for my wireless broadband.

Next I tried Azure Ray which was a mixed blessing. Apparently there is a site out there elbo.ws that has a convenient search engine that can filter music hits only. Specifically it searches thousands of blogs, the most likely source of free music on the internet.

So the reason I said it was a mixed blessing was that while I found numerous hits for Azure Ray the particular song I wanted was "Rise" which is from their first album and only yielded one hit and the song wouldn't load no matter how long I waited. So I gave up looking for "Rise" and went back to elbo.ws and tried searching for Elbow again. Obviously this was tricky sine the name of the website contains the band name in it. So sure enough the only hits for "Fugitive Motel" were the ones I already had, plus a couple extra that were really dead links.

However, I did find this song you hear now. I hope you enjoy it. I think it really shows them at their best. The song really builds which is nice. I'm not that turned on by bands that simply make noise for noises sake. I like the way this song takes you on a walk. In fact, I'd like to hear the rest of this album. I think all the stuff I have on them is older than this.

Anyway hope you enjoy the music. I'll be sure to change it often. If it is choppy the first time bear with it cus it will loop and play normal once it is fully loaded.

Peace,

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home