10 April 2008

seven nights off... night two...

Tonight marks the second night off of my first seven day stretch. What did I do with my first night off? Well, I chatted with Rachel for a little while, which made me realize I was getting really hungry. So I went out to El Gaucho's and ordered from the happy hour menu. Well, I was really craving a steak and thought I was going to have to order from the regular menu which seemed pricey for dining out alone, then I scoped out a steak sandwich on the happy hour menu and the day was saved.

Sometime around midnight I decided an empty fancy restaurant minus the piano guy who had already called it quits wasn't the scene for me, so I ordered a cheesecake to go and headed home but first I tried to go rent a few movies but the video store was closed, as was the Thriftway and the nearer Safeway. Upon returning home I realized I hadn't mailed the letter I wrote Rachel from the restaurant, so I decided I had to venture out and go ahead and find a 24 hour grocer as well. Around a quarter till 2 am I realized I still hadn't mailed the letter (and I really liked the song that was playing on the radio) so I drove back out a third time and made sure the letter would go out early the next morning.

Day two began by getting up way earlier than I wanted to, sometime around 130 pm, doing a "quickie" cleaning job on my apartment just in case the landlord wanted to see for himself why the heat isn't working in the bedroom, then going down to re-sign my lease. I decided I need some more sleep though, so I took another nap but was disappointed to wake up a little later than I wanted to. Now that I'm up, it's great. I have a house full of food, new comedies on television, some new wines chilling out above the fridge and some triple chocolate Klondike bars cozying up in the fridge just in case I don't feel like watching my figure anymore. Life is good and I think I might come to love this seven days off business. Whatever am I going to do with my first real weekend off? I mean my mom will be out of town, so I don't even have to go down and do any tinkering around on her computer! I can actually go out on the weekend and I'm pretty sure I even have my girlfriend's blessing (as long as the only strip club's I go to are gay ones).

Life is good and David Letterman is on finally (some kind of PGA update preempted it I guess). DOH! It's a rerun, the top 10 is about Spitz'. They can't all be brand new I guess.

Well, no pictures to relate to this blog unless you just have to see me lounging around my apartment ala Al Bundy. Kidding, I wouldn't bother wearing pants people! Get your mind's out of the gutter.

So I'll be sure to keep you all up-to-date about how the weekend goes.

Peace,

b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home