28 October 2007

bobcaygeon...

Let's hear it for the mix tape. Of course given that I don't have a tape player, at least not one that is capable of recording anything, I merely borrow the expression for any compilation regardless of technology. This time it is mp3's in the form of an itunes playlist. The issue at hand is that I want to burn it onto cd but it is too long. MUCH too long. Well, I can burn it as data but it is still just a few songs too heavy for even that.

So how on earth do I weed out the superfluous? I'm glad you asked; by listening to the playlist over and over. The problem with that is that at approximately eleven hours worth of music, it will take a while to get through it enough times to narrow it down to a mere 720 MB. I suppose it will be great when we all have DVD players in our cars--what a soundtrack that will be!

Oh well, in the mean time I am working on the perfect mix tape and it isn't nearly finished. A definite standout will always be this one by the Tragically Hip. Go google them or whatever you do and give it a listen. You won't be disappointed.

Peace,

b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home