11 November 2007

kitty's back in town...

If anyone knows where to get "the Wild the Innocent and the E" on vinyl, then you know what to get me for Christmas. Clearly the boss still has it, but there is nothing like the vintage Jersey boys just having fun.

Oh, and if anyone knows where to pick up a good turntable, then you know what to get me for my birthday, but it is a little soon to think of that.

So I've been quiet for a few days or a couple weeks, depending on which planet you live on and how many RPM's it spins at. Mine spins at 1/1440 RPM's which produces a Relative Centrifugal Force of 2.129 x 10^-3 g's. Should we find ourselves spinning at 1/68.27 RPM's we would begin floating off the surface of this silly rock. Not to mention feeling a little bit light-headed!

Sorry for the tangent. I just needed to get that out of my system. Oh, and if anyone who reads this feels the need to check my math, get a life. I apologize if that hits a little close to home, but I do say it out of love.

Speaking of which, I think I'll do the same and cut this one short. Oh, and just in case you were curious. If the Earth were a giant human centrifuge like the ones that drive me nuts every day at work spinning your blood down, we would be taking just over 100 g's ourselves. I doubt you could hang on--not that there would be anything to hang onto!

Peace,

b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home