22 October 2006

another crazy dream...

Ok, this is the second in my dream series. I have decided to document any new dreams that are vivid enough to remember that morning. The following is random, meaningless and partially funny:

Ok I walk into a bar. First allow me to describe the joint since it isn't any actual place I could reference for those who might be familiar. This bar is square with seating on three sides and a back wall on the other. The entrance is on the left side (if your back is to the wall) and the left side of the bar extends into another room behind the main one. There are some round tables scattered around the room and the wall in the front has large windows probably because it is on a river or something with a view.

So I walk in and there are only a handful of people I can see right away. Maybe it's early. Maybe the only reason I am there is that I am hungry. No band playing, no pool tables, just a bartender and someone sitting on each of the three sides and someone else at one of the tables in the middle area.

I make my way to the far end of the bar, probably because that is traditionally where the real action is. However, when I get there, I see that the girl on that side of the bar isn't that cute. Not really my type. So I start to make my way back around playing it off like I am lost maybe.

Anyway, when I turn around I see that the man at the end of the front side of the bar closest to me is none other than Bill Clinton. Now in the context of the dream, mind you, I am not that surprised to see Bill Clinton at the bar, however, I do recognize him and try to acknowledge his presence by saying something cheesy (keep in mind he was at the close end to me and I didn't have time to think of anything witty) like "how's it hanging el presidente" but he doesn't say anything back to me. Definitely not cool I guess. So I keep walking.

That's when I notice an old lady friend who you would not catch in a bar. For some reason I am only mildly surprised to see her there, but I decide that she must be hoping not to be seen so I don't sit with her.

I finally get back around to the side near the door. There is a young woman sitting on this side too, but she isn't anyone I would find interesting. I lean up against a stool and contemplate leaving but then I look back into the other room and notice several people there. Well probably no more than were in the main room, but it's smaller so it seems fuller.

That is when I notice the young lady seated at the bar nearest me is kind of cute. I decide to go in but instead of sitting in the empty seat this side of her, I go around and sit on the other side of a strange old lady from her. I give my drink order to the bartender (the usual; absolute and grapefruit) and a pretty young waitress comes to ask me what I want to eat, but I notice there is some kind of buffet and tell her I'll just eat from that.

Obviously my plan was to be nonchalant and sit just wherever, but my real plan was hoping the creepy old lady would decide it's time to go home and feed her cats so I could chat it up with the cute girl on the other side of her.

Eventually that is what happens. The creepy smelly old lady leaves and now I am actually forced to try to talk to the girl.

Then I wake up because I have 3 text messages waiting for me all of the sudden!

COME ON people, do you HAVE to wake me up on a SUNDAY morning with your silly questions?

That is all,

Peace,

Brian

PS... I'm kidding, of course I don't mind getting txt messages anytime of the day, just don't be surprised if I do not answer them right away :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home