15 April 2008

feels like it's going to be a long season...

Tonight marks yet another loss for the Mariners. I tuned out early so I'm not going to recap it. I think in general I am frustrated that while most of the core players from 2007 remain, several of my favorites from last year have moved on and some of the new Mariners in 08 have yet to gain my confidence that they have the talent, experience and drive to make this team stand out among the rest of the league.

Maybe the bright spot is that very few teams seem to be dominating in either league. Surprisingly Oakland (9-5) has the best record in the the American League currently and guess who the Mariners will see tomorrow? It's a short series, but Seattle shows Oakland their best and beats them on their own turf, perhaps doubts about this years staff would be put to rest? Nah, it's still very early!

Cautiously optimistic,

b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home