19 April 2008

much anticipated...

When was the last time you picked up an album a little late into it's dropping onto the scene, then within the next six months you find suddenly you've collected that artists entire back catalog? Well I haven't posted a true "music blog" in a long time, so it is fitting that I dedicate this one to the long awaited next release from one of my new favorite artists (not favorite new artists since I discovered they've been at it for about a decade already).

Death Cab for Cutie is fronted by one Ben Gibbard who is from the northwest (I heard his mom call the radio station for some reason several months back) and also is the impetus behind Postal Service as well as various collaborations and solo projects. Busy guy from everything I hear, and certainly an indie-alt-rock icon if being one enables you to still consider yourself really independent? My greatest regret of the past couple years is not having a chance to catch these guys live yet. We can hold out hope, the summer is long and they will be supporting this album, but so far, no dates in Seattle itself. Maybe we can persuade them to hold court with us in Tacoma?

I haven't checked out the whole album yet as I am temporarily poor, so I'm just going on this and another track I've found on the bloggosphere. This is the long version which is the original way the video was meant to be seen, but I read elsewhere that MTV is only showing the short version (Did I read that right? Does MTV actually show music videos on television?). You can find the video on YouTube to be sure or Google The Music Slut and it should be in a recent post there also. Good video.

I Will Possess Your Heart

Death Cab for Cutie
Narrow Stairs
Barsuk Records

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home