27 October 2006

you can never get too much good news...

If you forget about my being in the mortgage business since I have not yet made a dime in it, I have been unemployed six months officially a few days ago. I had been looking hard for employment in the medical laboratory and the lending thing came up first of course, but I continued looking elsewhere knowing that it might not work out.

So the other day I got a call that had me all excited because the interview I went to the day previously had them checking my references already. A few hours later I received another call that left me glum the rest of the day. They had called my previous employer (from which I had been fired) and wanted to know what happened.

Since I got tired of talking about it every time I interviewed and saying things like "that's all I'll say about what happened" and getting nowhere I had long ago just decided to say I was laid off because I believed that my former employers non-disclosure policy would cover me and I wouldn't have to get into it.

So when they called and said "I think you need to tell us what happened at XYZ hospital" I got pretty bummed about the whole thing. I told them what really happened minus most of the details and figured I wouldn't be hearing from them again. I was wrong.

Today I received news that they are going to hire me and no mention of you know what was made at all. So I panicked for nothing. Well perhaps not nothing, but less than what my threshold ought to be.

So I believe I will be taking the job which means moving to the Tacoma area again and leaving the fair cities of Vancouver and Portland behind, at least for now. The job is night shift and is less than full time. I will be ok with this because I expect to receive supplemental income by continuing to do the occasional loan for friends and acquaintances. They also said I would be able to pick up hours from others calling in sick or taking holidays. I know I won't starve or be homeless so that is why I am happy today.

In honor of that, how about a happy song... I offer you "Mushaboom" to hear and enjoy it too!

Peace,

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home