10 November 2006

why do i even try...

I went to the Post Exchange today (which is like the military's version of Wal-Mart) and I am not sure why I bother sometimes, but I decided to browse the music section for some CD's that have come out recently and I have been meaning to add to my collection as it has been several months since I have done that.

Well, apparently my taste in music is so out there that of the 5 artists whose music I was looking for were not to be found. I even checked to see if for some reason they would have been miscategorized, but sure enough they did not have any Alexi Murdoch (perhaps understandable as his cd is being considered his debut even though he had an EP 3 or 4 years ago), Ray Lamontagne (neither of them), My Morning Jacket (well they had one I wasn't looking for but they have several cd's including a new one), Damien Rice (well I know his new one isn't out until next week, but I didn't even see his old one or the b sides), or the Bad Plus. I saw plenty of boy bands, butt rock and rap. What nobody listens to good music anymore?

Sorry, just ranting, nothing more.

Peace,

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home