19 September 2007

you got served...

So you've been keeping tabs on me eh. So what happens next? Well I served my notice at work. It is official, I am quitting. They seem disappointed but understanding. I had a conversation with my boss (who I rarely see) and we agreed that I would stay through the end of November. They are finally getting someone hired and starting the first of next month to fill the spot left by the last person who quit but someone is taking convalescent leave and that is why I need to stay until the end of November.

Given all that the agency I am working with says they don't know for sure where they will try to place me until we get closer to December. Their placements are usually urgent and it doesn't always work to try to solicit them someone who isn't going to be available for 2 1/2 months.

OK, so none of that is really all that shocking, so what makes that newsworthy? Well, I won't get into any details, but let's just say that maybe now I don't want to leave. Maybe I like it here and I want to stay. Maybe the prospect of traveling and making extra money no longer appeals to me. Maybe I am suddenly optimistic about my future here, personally and professionally. Well, maybe not professionally, but you never know.

Anyway, I am going to leave it with that for now. I'm going to get cleaned up and run some errands. I want to see some of the other condo's in the city that are available or about to be completed. No point in staying if I don't have rad digs to put my feet up in. I am thinking of a water view instead of a mountain view. Things happen on the water, the mountain never does anything and half the time you can't see it when the city or nearby valley is socked-in.

Well, this is me leaving you guessing.

Peace,

b

[editors note: this was posted the same day I made contact with my girlfriend for the first time. we went out the next night, the rest is history, as is my having quit my job and then having had to beg to keep it instead. oh sweet irony!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home