12 October 2007

inspiring generations of wanderers...

Here's your weekend update folks. I am almost finished with the marathon stretch of overtime and, well, regular time. Everyone at work has been bugging me about whether or not I am going to stay. Another one asked me to stay. I figure the score is now 30-2. Maybe even more of a blowout. It seems that even the people I thought didn't get along with me are coming around and hoping I don't leave.

Of course if I do stay I need to get them to promise me my schedule will change. This working two or three nights and then having one or two nights off and doing it again and again and again never having the same nights off is getting lame. I also don't even get full time hours, so something has to give. I have a solution though. My supervisor seems interested in cutting back hours and said I could have her schedule but she might want it back someday. Sounds good to me. I don't want it forever. I'm not sure I really want HER schedule anyway. She works M-F after all and I'm more interested in W-Su probably.

So I have come to a decision to see if I can recant my resignation, get W-Su as my new set schedule, and stay--for now. Why, you might be thinking, would I want to do that? Well I met someone the day after I handed my boss my resignation and so far so good. At some point she'll find this little blog (if she hasn't already) and introduce herself, but for now she's the brunette with naturally curly hair. I'm still the one holding a blue blanket and sucking my thumb, but that is an entirely different issue!

So today I get to find time to squeeze in a cat-nap and start another four night stretch (after just doing five). At some point I think I have to give up this shift-work business but for now I have come to realize that I cannot afford to (especially if I'm not going to be a traveling tech).

Anyone seen any good movies? Fall is here but certainly not to stay. I need to get out and get some fall foliage pictures. Any suggestions? Happy Oktoberfest and as always,

Peace,

b

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home