01 December 2006

...to the people in the middle...

ALAS, I have finished training at my new "day" job which is really just a night job. I'll be free now to work on loans during the daytime when I am not catching up on sleep.

So with that said, I am back in "the couv" for a few nights and I am SO looking forward to sleeping in my own bed--you people have no idea how stiff I am from sleeping on a couch in my dad's trailer. I have to duck to take a shower in that thing and the pipes froze during this little storm we had and I had to go inside the house to shower (which makes the dog bark and possibly wakes everyone up :s) so its been awkward to say the least.

The good news? a) My lease expires at the end of this month and I can either buy something up there or get an apartment for a few months while I plot and scheme to do so. b) Night shift pays better and I will be getting some overtime because I will be working two weekends in a row. c) I might finally close a loan some of you know I have been working on for more than four months! That paycheck will be nice, especially if I get it before Christmas.

Yet to be decided? I am still up in the air over whether or not to "jump ship" and work for a different Mortgage Broker/Bank up in the Tacoma area or just find a small office to lease so I can have an "address" so it at least appears to clients that I am a local agent. Of course I don't want to physically occupy said office when I don't have work to do (I would rather sleep) and unless I am with a client I would rather work from the comforts of home. Still, having an office would have advantages, especially if I can recruit some people to join my office and process loans or be loan officers so the office is "open" even if I am not there.

If I do that I might even set up my own business name even if we remain under the brokerage I am currently working with. I would to have a name that captures the local flavor and charm of the Tacoma/Pierce County area. If you laugh at that, please stop, it really is a great place to live and their downtown core is (re)developing very nicely in recent years.

Well, this is about all I can think to say at the moment. Time to see how much a mess my apartment is in.

Peace,

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home