07 May 2007

finally got a haircut...

As some of you know I have been growing my hair out for several months. Ever since January in fact. I also decided not to shave anymore. If I had it my way I wouldn't even trim! I guess it just doesn't look very good if I don't though.

Well, I broke down this weekend and went driving around my neighborhood Friday morning to find a place to get it cut down. I guess I was also out of "product" so it was time to do something about it.

So nothing is open when I get off work and that is frustrating. They were doing a radiothon or something from Tulley's here in Downtown Tac and I thought about dropping in on that, but why would I do something like that? I'm not the starstruck type and over a freaking radio show? Eh, no thanks. So I kept looking for a salon and sure enough, right in the bottom of the Sheraton tower was SalonMiro. I guess its all run together like that. I don't know what it means either. So I went in but the door was locked. I looked at the door and windows to see what time it opened and this little Asian woman came and unlocked it for me. I felt bad because I'm sure they weren't opening for a while. She said they were open though and to come in. I asked if they had any openings that morning since I didn't want to wait anymore. She said she could squeeze me in right then after noting that they normally don't open until 9 am. Once again the world revolves around banker types.

Anyway, I said she could do whatever she wanted with it as long as it looked good, but that I was tired of feeling scruffy around the ears, etc. Too bad and I really was hoping to see what it looks like for me to have a full head of hair, but it wasn't pretty as it was!

So to make a short story long, I like what she did with the place. Looks good now and I even got a quickie scalp massage out of it. I definitely think I'll go back!

Well, in other news I went to a wedding this weekend--for a family friend. Lots of people I haven't seen in ages. Good times. Of course I brought my camera but so did my mom so I decided to let her be the dork lugging around the big camera instead of me for a change. So I will have some pictures for you to gawk at later... much later!

First I have to verify they turned out well. I wore my black button down shirt but seriously, I should find someone to dress me. I wore black pants and the two kinds of black weren't quite right together. At least I have sense enough to know something is wrong, but not enough sense to do anything about it first. I was in a hurry to get on the road so I wouldn't be late and didn't change shirts (or pants) and the outcome might have been less becoming of me.

So the next time I crash a wedding I have some ideas. I'll definitely not work the night before. People who didn't know probably thought I was rude or else hung over. I was just tired! Of course I'll have to take some dancing lessons. This was the first wedding that town put on with dancing. I always used to laugh because movies make that such a traditional part of the ceremony and yet in my hometown all these people are so against it for some reason. I'd never been to a wedding growing up with live music, much less dancing. So I give them props for that. Mad props homies. So there was dancing, just not much of it. All that was missing was the weird ass that most people don't really know who gets in there and makes everyone cut loose a little more. I could be that guy! Certainly there are enough people who think I am a big enough ass and I have no dance skills, so all I need is to get over myself and just do it!

Oh who am I kidding? I'm the dork who takes pictures of other people acting foolish so I can blackmail them later.

Anyway, I'm back home. New haircut. Good times. Looking forward to version 30.0.

Peace,

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home