21 December 2006

merry christmas from far away...

I apologize that it has been as long as it has. I know some of you hang on every word that streams on this page. It has been a crazy couple of weeks. More on that later.

First off; this is my first post with the background music coming from my own secret stash thanks to the good folks at fileden.com. So check them out and set up your own free secret stash. This is going to help me post pictures here too. Otherwise I had to post them on my other blog and it was generally a hassle because msn compresses the hell out of them. So this way I can share the unadulterated raw talent--well really it's all about the camera I guess.

Anyway, I am in Vancouver again. Spending most of my free time here which I assure you is not the long term plan. I am supposed to be packing because I have set a date to move (my stuff at least) of Dec 30th and I need to be ready. I only have two more days off besides today (tonight really). One is a solo shot so I am not sure it will do me much good. The other is the day before I want to move. I can't really put it off until then or I'll be screwed when everyone shows up and I am only partially packed.

So spending time in Vancouver, in my own place, sleeping in my own bed (oversleeping really), even eating some food I found in my freezer, I am getting all nostalgic. Who would want to leave this place? Oh tonight is open mic night, maybe I'll hit that up and reminisce over a greyhound or three. Anyway, it is in this vane that I offer you "Far Away" from Dishwalla's 2005 self-titled LP.

I occasionally have these moments of navel-gazing that I cannot quite describe and then a song I've been looking for randomly appears (what would the equivalent word be for audibles?) and perfectly captures the place I am at, metaphysically that is.

Moments of self reflection, people offering unsolicited advice, a fancy free imagination let loose contemplating the absurd and the mundane in a twist of sobriety, its all there. I hope you enjoy.

Peace and happy holidays,

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home